QHSE Field Safety Coordinator
Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. is currently looking for qualified candidates for the role of QHSE Field Safety Coordinator.
Based out of the Brooks office, the Field Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment Coordinator will report directly to the QHSE Manager, and will provide the field population with continuous advice and support to ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with the requirements of the QHSE Management System and to ensure that QHSE remains an integral part of the business and equal in priority to production and profitability. The QHSE Field Safety Coordinator ensures the implementation, training and compliance of Local Legislation and all Torxen Standards and Policies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, evaluating and improving the QHSE Management System in field locations.
- Show visible commitment and leadership towards QHSE at all times.
- Ensure that all Torxen policies and standards are posted, known, understood and applied by all employees.
- Assist Managers and teams in achieving their role and objectives. Review QHSE action plans, participate in and lead audits, track progress in closing action items, support the process.
- Review and monitor Employee Training and Certification and maintain updates. Make personnel well aware of their training requirements. As required and applicable, complete training of personnel.
- Ensure that all accidents are properly notified, investigated, reviewed and followed up, as per the Torxen reporting standard and participate in investigations of major failures and accidents.
- Ensure that all regulatory, legislative, and contractual reporting requirements are met.
- Lead regular field QHSE meetings and co-ordinate monthly QHSE meetings within your designated area. Co-ordinate Service Quality and safety meeting with third party contractors.
- Ensure that all personnel and contractors receive a QHSE briefing upon their arrival to the field sites.
- Verify QHSE compliance of contractors against the work they are supposed to do.
- Control, monitor and keep track of emergency response procedures ERP’s (Drills), JSA/Hazard Analysis, Audit Reports and other QHSE requirements.
- Provide assistance in Environment issues, support environmental response.
- Participate in daily audits of pre-job brief, daily safety meetings, job safety analysis (JSA) reviews, and simultaneous operations (SimOps) safety meetings, Permit to Work to assess the integrity of the process.
- Perform daily QHSE/Rig inspections/Site Inspections, Stop Tours. Keep track of the corrective actions of identified unsafe conditions.
- Responsible to activate or support the Emergency Response Plan in the event of an incident.
- Audit third party contractors, perform checks of equipment arriving to the locations or worksites (cranes, forklifts, truck tanks, flatbeds, trucks, etc) and verify they are inspected prior to use.
- Promote, support and keep track of the risk identification reports such as HARC’s, Exemptions, MOC, Stop Cards, HAZID, Observation/Intervention, Injury and Driving tools, internal and external audit non-conformities.
- Responsible for the communication of Torxen safety campaigns, alerts, action plans and critical operative procedures according to the activity.
- Elaborate and provide reports as required.
- Interacts with wellsite representatives, production superintendents, subject matter experts, contractor representatives and government agencies.
- Interacts with field staff in QHSE training and observation/intervention actions.
- Interacts with field staff and management whenever a QHSE related issue may affect field operations and supports the safe coordination of activities in all field operations.
Training and Development:
- Previous experience in a QHSE role, formal health and safety education would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years field experience
- Communication skills
- Energy level and stress management
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@torxen.net by Jan 31, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.