Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. is currently looking for qualified candidates for the role of Production Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the property accounting cycle which includes volumetric submission, financial recognition, analysis of revenue and royalties and ensuring government and contractual compliance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Duties associated with a Production Revenue Accountant such as the gathering, balancing and analysis of production data, perform monthly financial recognition and analysis of revenues and royalties, Petrinex submissions, pipeline splits, royalty calculation, analysis, reporting and communication with royalty stakeholders, master file maintenance and liaising with internal stakeholders (Field Operations, Engineering and Land)
- Working with the Production Revenue Accounting team to review master file data and setup on PAS
- Working with the Production Revenue Accounting team assist in the streamlining of the Production Revenue process.
- Assist where necessary on other Production Revenue desks.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
5 or more years of production and revenue accounting experience
- Experience working with various Alberta oil and gas properties would be an asset
- Strong working knowledge of PAS and PVR and the ability to troubleshoot issues on these systems
- Ability to evaluate contractual obligations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Possess Canadian Association of Petroleum Production Accounting (CAPPA) Certification
- Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
- Independent learner
- Team player
- A degree in Accounting or Business Administration would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Qbyte financial would be an asset
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@torxen.net by July 3, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.