Financial Reporting Accountant
Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. is currently looking for qualified candidates for the role of Financial Reporting Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for aspects of financial and corporate accounting including intercompany transactions, lease and payroll accounting, corporate accounting transactions, statutory filings, and cost centre / AFE management.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide support for monthly, quarterly and annual accounting requirements;
- Maintain continuity schedules and account for prepaids, deposits, insurance, and DD&A;
- Manage and maintain account reconciliations;
- Account for allocations and settlement of intercompany between related entities;
- Account for payroll transactions and field vehicle leases;
- Provide cost centre and AFE support to operations;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial and management reports, inclusive of quarterly reports, for the Management Committee;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and monthly outlooks as required; and,
- Establish and develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency and ability to report results on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Professional accounting designation is required (CPA) coupled with approximately five years of relevant industry experience in Oil & Gas accounting and financial reporting in Canada.
Intermediate to advance Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
Attention to detail and the ability to adhere to time-sensitive deadlines.
Good organizational skills to handle work volume and prioritize work.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Working knowledge of Qbyte FM, Optics and P2AFE would be an asset
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@torxen.net by June 8, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.