Pipeline Integrity Technical Advisor
Torxen Oil & Gas Ltd. is currently looking for qualified candidates for the role of Pipeline Integrity Technical Advisor.
Based out of the Drumheller or Brooks office and reporting to the Operations Maintenance Superintendent, the Pipeline Integrity Technical Advisor will be responsible for the implementation of Torxen’s Pipeline Integrity Management Program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with vendors on the expectations and reporting around implementation of pipeline integrity programs.
- Developing and/or recommending corrosion mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring conformance with expectations set out in the Pipeline Integrity Management Program.
- Maintaining a statistical record of pipeline incidents.
- Analyzing statistical data to determine trends or recurring problems identified during annual assessments.
- Coordinating the analysis of failed equipment to determine cause of failure.
- Completing a non-conformance report on activities that are in non-compliance with the requirements of this PIMP.
- Reviewing specifications/drawings and providing recommendations with respect to life cycle pipeline integrity management prior to construction.
- Ensuring that technical and maintenance work is carried out by competent individuals.
- Supporting the execution of Torxen’s Pressure Equipment Integrity Management System as required.
- Scheduling and organizing periodic internal Pipeline IMP conformance reviews, and ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Creating reports to management summarizing failures, causes and corrective actions to ensure that operating and adequate maintenance procedures are in place and are being executed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 5 years related pipeline experience with a B. Sc. in applied science (engineering, chemistry, etc.) and ABSA In-service Pressure Equipment Inspection Certification; or 8 years related pipeline experience with a two year technical diploma (power, mechanical, chemistry etc.) and ABSA In-service Pressure Equipment Inspection Certification.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 divers license.
- First Aid and H2S Alive certification.
- Ability to travel.
In addition, training/experience in the following disciplines would be considered an asset:
- chemical corrosion inhibition
- cathodic protection
- protective coatings and linings
- failure analysis
- applicable codes/standards/regulations
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to HR@torxen.net by Jan 22, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.